Self-care and empowerment. Two things we don't realize are closely connected and yet find self-care often falling to the bottom of our priorities list. To avoid this, it's important to develop habits and rituals that keep you motivated and in-charge of your intentions and how you spend your time.
We spent the weekend getting inspired with The XX Project at their Nourished Body summit, which featured an impressive list of powerful women who shared advice on how to tackle challenges and put your mind and body first.
When you take the time to practice self-care, recharge and visualize yourself succeeding, naturally you'll feel more empowered and focused and less likely to succumb to the stress and anxiety that comes with working towards your goals.
Tips For Practicing Self-Care:
- Put your health first! Don’t let yourself run out of gas.
- Don't have too many rules around how to care for yourself! Working out should make you feel good both mentally and physically.
- Balance! Eating well and exercising is great but it’s all part of the journey, enjoying yourself should be included in that.
- Personal growth and development is always a continuous journey, self-care should be too! There’s no right or wrong way to do it.
We usually put self-care on the back burner when we’re hustling towards our goals but it’s important to always check in with ourselves and reset.
Habits And Rituals To Help You Reset:
- Strike a power pose. Start your day with an empowering stance and some Beyonce-level affirmations.
- Blast a song to start your day. Lizzo- Truth hurts is our go-to!
- Meditate. Taking a moment to focus on your breath, practice gratitude and set your intentions will have such a positive affect your entire outlook for the day.
- Self massage. Massage your body from the feet up to our neck for improved circulation and relaxation.
- Embrace nature. Go for a hike, get some sun on your face. (With SPF!)
- Gratitude journaling. Writing down what you're grateful for is a fantastic way to celebrate how far you've come.
- Squeeze in a workout. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.
- Exercise your brain, listen to a podcast. Our favorites include Goal Digger with Jenna Kutcher, Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso, and Second Life with Hillary Kerr.
- Close your eyes and visualize yourself slaying the day!